City Folk - The Premise

‘City Folk’ is a contemporary city creature. He is your everyday big city dweller.
Anybody can be a ‘City Folk’, doesn’t matter which age group, religion, caste, or gender one belongs to.

But before I begin let me ask you this; which is the most cliched place associated with ‘adventure’ in India these days?

You guessed it right, it’s of course ‘The Bulletisized land of Leh- Ladakh’, what else?

In fact, it’s a dream of every new bullet owner to go on whirlwind adventures to distant places and by distant places, I actually mean ‘Leh Ladakh’.

A journey to Leh-Ladakh is considered the ultimate adventure a pilgrimage of a sort for Bullet owners. It’s the ‘Alamo’ of a true adventure and thrill seeker.

Without this, it seems, the adventure sprite remains troubled.

How would you feel owning a Bullet Motorcycle for 10 years and not being able to go to Leh-Ladakh even once? Is the question my guy (I will refer to him as ‘always dreaming at home adventurer’ or ADHA which means ½ in Hindi) asked me recently.

My answer surprised him.

I replied ‘Pretty darn good actually’.

He gave me a strange look and didn’t ask anything further.

You might have read stories of great adventures, stories about people travelling thousands of kilometres to exotic locations for that kick. Well here’s a piece about a not so adventurous me and my bullet so this might disappoint many.

Sounds boring, right?

I mean what kind of a guy buys a bullet and not goes on an adventure trip, well the average big city working class kind of guy.
I lovingly refer to him as the ‘City Folk’.

Though I have been to many places on my Bullet, in fact, my ‘Baby Elephant (Bullet)’ and I are inseparable. I am an avid biker but this is not about my adventures to some distant location, away from the nuisances of a big city like Delhi, but this is about my adventures in that big city itself, the adventures of ‘City Folk’.

‘City Folk’ is your everyday city guy living through the hustle and bustle of a big city. These are his adventures and that of his ‘Bullet’ motorcycle.

Watch this page for more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prepare for failure

Don't struggle, just float

Concealed Words