City Folk - City Slick

Delhi-NCR or NCT of Delhi includes Delhi city, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida, Ghaziabad and Meerut. The area is vast and going from one place to another is a big challenge, especially during peak hours.

Each city has its own uniqueness in terms of the chaos it offers to everyday commuters and off course the residents.

Buses and Delhi Metro are too crowded while most of the roads are jammed due to traffic during peak hours. A story witnessed by almost every City Folk in India.

The ‘City Folk’ virus in me is usually laid back and relaxed but for travelling in Delhi-NCR I have chosen the ‘inconvenient way’ rather than the ‘convenient way’ ever since I have bought the ‘Bullet’ motorcycle.

I would not give up my ‘Bullet’ for all the worldly comforts that come along with ‘Delhi Metro’ and DTC’s AC buses. I chose the jam packed streets to comfortable overhead and underground ride of the ‘Delhi Metro’.

So yes Dad was a bit upset when I didn’t listen to him and kept going to office on ‘Bullet’. Even my ‘Massi (Aunt)’ would often tell me to use the Metro because Bike riding, according to her, in big bad Delhi was really unsafe.

Our love (Me and Bullet) has grown over the years and the bond of our relationship has strengthened and we have been through thick and thin together, well actually ‘thick’ was together while ‘thin’ was just me pushing her around the city to find a mechanic.

Anyways the journey has been worth it and I hope to continue with this special relationship even at the cost of irritating my wife who at times had to wait up for dinner while I was pushing ‘her’ around. She understands my special bond with ‘her’ and is very accommodating when it comes to my first relationship. Why did I call 'Bullet' 'her' shall be shared in the next piece.

The three of us; me, my wife and her, have in fact been to many group ‘travelorgies’ together.

I am thankful to God her for having her (my wife) in my life because she also loves travelling as much as I do. Though she can be grumpy at times, she prefers to travel by car instead of the 'Bullet', but she’s been supportive most of the times.

The ‘City Folk’ in me is used to the city traffic so much so that at times I can hear music in the hustle bustle of everyday traffic. What might irritate others is actually normal to me. I am so used to travelling in the everyday traffic that even jams and manner-less drivers and riders don’t irritate me anymore.

Riding in the city traffic can be fun all you need to do is simply keep yourself involved and be patient.

Most people are irritated due to traffic because they are in a hurry all the time. Riding a ‘Bullet’ keeps me grounded because you require a lot of patience while riding a ‘Bullet’ anyways. The way I look at it is this; traffic is not the cause of chaos, but we are. Remember that traffic is a sum total of a complex system and, whether we like it or not, we all are part of this system and hence part of the chaos or at least one of the reasons for this chaos. So next time you get irritated in traffic, just remember and calm yourself down and accept that this chaos is inescapable unless we all do something to change it. So till then, since you can’t do shit about this chaos, stop getting irritated every time you drive. Be down to earth and respect other road users and the frustration and irritation will be gone.

Read this page for more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prepare for failure

Concealed Words

Don't struggle, just float